Saturday, January 14, 2012

Squat jumps, fish and chips, and "Mermaid!!"

Squat Jumps=dangerous!!! We have been doing Nike workouts and squat jumps was part of the particular one that we had chosen. So... I got down into squat position and then jumped as high as I could to get the full effect! Something I hadn't thought about? The ceiling fans.... Yes, OUCH! I had always wondered how it would feel to stick your finger into a fan while it was on...well, I got my answer: it doesn't feel all too well! In fact, it hurts really really bad! I now have a bruise on my finger to prove it! ha:)

FISH and CHIPS! My first experience... ever! We went to this super fresh restaurant in which they serve the catch of the day! My fish-- grilled Snapper fish! I also tried Calamarie and fresh shrimp, along with heaps of yummy chips!:) I was excited that I enjoyed it!

Oh man, so Ally and I decided that we are going to start a quote wall of the funny things that we have said! One from yesterday? "I feel like a Mermaid!" Yes, that would definitely come out of my mouth right?! We were being taught what to do with the high waves which entails either jumping or diving through them! Ally and I got pretty good at telling which was which! Most everyone should know how much I do NOT like salt water in my mouth! Well, I had to get over this pretty quickly. Anyways, back to the story: I dove under the wave perfectly and came out with that idea in my head! I really did feel like a mermaid and before I could censor anything coming out of my mouth... I shouted about how I felt like a mermaid! Everyone around me of course died laughing! It was super fun! Ally and I couldn't quit laughing, we had a good beach day!! Expect for the waves that took us crashing with them! Rolling around the bottom, getting sand in every possible area (mouth, nose, ears?) and not being able to breathe.. not super ideal! But all part of the experience!

Two of the best parts? 1) Rode in a truck...Finally! and 2) Didn't have to take public transportation! We are really getting good at trying to figure it out, getting lost, and then getting unlost! :] almost pros!

We also came up with a majorly good, well-thought out plan for what we should do! So... keep tuned for a while!

Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment