Thursday, January 5, 2012

THE best zoo in the ENTIRE world!!!

Ahhhh... I finally feel like I am living in Australia! Besides the scenery, the weather, and the accents... it's just felt like we were in Florida maybe? But going to the Australian Zoo?! Definitely made it feel like we were in the Land Down Under! :] After Ally made me hurry as fast as I could to get semi-ready for the day because we only had twenty minutes to wake up, get ready, and make it down to our ferry... BLOCKS away... all by running! After her very talented skills at directions, we made it to the zoo by the ferry, buses, and train! It was Ally's turn to be Mum! So, thank you Bestie! 

Ready for the best (and my favorite part of Australia so far?) .... CRIKEY! ;] the Australian Zoo!


My mom's favorite animal is a koala bear, so seeing one was definitely on my list! What I wasn't expecting was to find out that I could actually HOLD the cute little thing! And including that, holding a baby crocodile? Yes please!!!!!!! When it finally came to my turn, the lady literally attached the koala on me! Koala's sleep 18-20 hours a day because of the certain leaves that they eat! They don't give off a lot of energy, so the bears don't have any energy other than to sleep! ---For everyone that made fun of us for believing they were 'drop bears'...it was adorable and completely harmless...and fuzzy!!! Mum, I'll try to bring one back! I'm sure sleeping on the long plane ride won't bother it!
-Caution: We are trained... Don't be trying this at home!-

Off to the next adventure: Steve Irwin's family! We went to a show and guess who was in charge of it?! 

Well... I already said, so... Everyone is in luck! His family...in the flesh! I don't know if it was a big thing to anyone else there, but I was stoked! Bindi, his daughter, fed the dangerous crocodile a rat! And they also fed him a pig, after having him show us how he would wrestle it in the wild! ...Don't ever ever mess with a croc! Fact: They wouldn't even chew you up, they would just swallow you whole! 

Okay... now the REAL adventure starts! The kangaroos... amazing, amazing animals! We got to pet and play with them! This is one of the perks that this zoo has. It is a petting zoo, along with just an ordinary zoo. Their exhibits also make you feel as if you were in their natural environment! When we found the kangaroos, we were estatic! We found this one and thought we could have some fun, so we grabbed our Ipad and started to make a video! You can check that out on our facebook wall :] Just don't laugh at us hard, we were really trying!
 As for everyone who wanted me to bring them back a kangaroo, you definitely picked the right animal for me to bring back! ...Do you think I can fit him into my suitcase?!

We had ourselves a photo shoot with the best prop ever---a REAL roo! <3 

After the kangas, we went into Asia and watched a tiger show! They are gorgeous animals! And after watching the movie "We Bought A Zoo" the night before, I was super excited to watch the secret tiger show! The tiger's were showing off their tricks! Some of them being the following: Making artwork with their paws and jumping the highest I have ever seen! It was incredible!!!! 


Our adventure at the zoo was coming to an end..but the adventure to make our way back to home was just starting! We didn't take into account that we needed to get the directions for the way back because we were hoping the zoo would have wifi, which they did..it just wasn't working! So, what did we crocodile hunters do?! You guessed it! Made a game plan and worked our way backwards! With some confusion, frustration, lostness, and hunger---we finally made it back to our beautiful, cozy home in Bulimba! We are naturals! :] Thanks to our dads for helping us be navigators! 

Too bad we couldn't have just taken this for a spin and found our way home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment