Monday, January 23, 2012

Scrapes and bruises on our favorite day so far...:]

Wow... My favorite day in Australia so far! When Daddy Gary told me that I was going to see a rain forest, I didn't really think anything more about it besides that I was excited. Something I found out? They are my FAVORITE! God was definitely showing off when he created waterfalls and rain forests! Our friend Josh picked us up at 6:00 in the AM! We drove to Springbrook National Forest and started our hike! ...THE most beautiful sight! Huge trees, a 300 foot waterfall, wildlife, moss everywhere, and vines!






































One of the best parts of the hike?! Pretending I was Tarzan.. which, by the way, is heaps harder than I thought it would be! Member climbing the rope in PE in school?! Imagine something similar! Allyson and I were laughing so hard! And then she climbed down and let me go! I swung out and screamed...oops! :/




My new hero: Tarzan! He's a stud! hahaha
__________________________________________________________________________________

NOW... Everyone ready to laugh?! You might just snicker, giggle, or completely laugh out loud! It's okay, I will understand! My dad wasn't very pleased with me...he did teach me better, but...

Okay, so we took a detour on our way to the amazing waterfall to a waterhole! We were thinking about swimming in it, but decided against it. It was a little chilly and we didn't want to change yet. Mistake. Josh told us to pose for a picture and he'd get on the other side.. it was really beautiful! And then he told us to go to the other side and he'd take some from that angle. Allyson decided I could go first, so thoughtful! It was a little scary, so I asked for her to help... Below is what happened next. 




I would love for everyone to notice Ally's reaction in this picture please...!
 What are true best friends for, right?!





The end: All soaking wet, scraped up, and bruised! Best part? We aren't even half way done with our hike! Which means? After this point, the rest had to be done in wet clothes. And we hadn't even made it to the waterfall! 
__________________________________________________________________________________

Three.Hundred.Foot.High.Waterfall!

Breathtaking, completely breathtaking! 




If you look closely to the next two pictures, we are BEHIND the waterfall! <3




Just viewing the beauty that we were witnessing! <3 
__________________________________________________________________________________

Wildlife?


This would be the scary poisonous snake that was in the middle of the path!!!


__________________________________________________________________________________

Natural Bridge. Gorgeous!
Ah everything about the rain forest was magical! This was no exception, beautiful right?!
I guess at night there are lighting bugs that lite up the whole cave! If only...:]

Hm... Lesson of this post: Listen to your dad when he teaches you to go upstream to cross a river, not by the mouth of the ledge! If not, prepare for his laughter, which isn't bad either! ;]

2 comments:

  1. What a SPECTACULAR place! I'm glad you didn't go over the falls....Rainforests are truly amazing and magical, love them, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Mommy Loran, it was AMAZING! Oh, it would have been SO scary! They are definitely amazing and magical!:) love you too!

    ReplyDelete