Thursday, January 5, 2012

One boat, one train, and two buses

And that was just to GET to the zoo! We woke up at 7 planning to get ready and go to the zoo, and we were just chilling eating breakfast, checking facebook etc when I googled the transportation to get to the Zoo and found out we had to leave it twenty minutes. Robin McLellan would have been impressed. Drill team was good for more than just dancing ha valuable life skills. Anyway we threw on clothes, put our hair up, a little make up, grabbed anything and everything that looked like it might be important for a zoo day and piled it into my backpack, put on my purple converse and Kas and I ran (literally ran) to get to the river to catch the City Cat. With a lot of skill (okay probably 90% luck) we managed to find all the right buses and trains and made it to the Australia Zoo. Home of the Crocodile Hunter!
It was hands down, the most awesome zoo I've ever been to. If you ever come to Australia make sure you add this to your must see list. Growing up watching Animal Planet and the Crocodile Hunter I was pretty excited. It was sad though because Steve Irwin died a few years ago and there was a memorial to him.
Favorite parts of the zoo. 1. PETTING a REAL kangaroo. (We made a video of live kangaroo petting footage on my iPad, check out my facebook if you want to see it.) 2. Holding a crocodile. 
3.Getting to watch a show put on by Bindi the Jungle Girl. Be very jealous everyone. 4. Playing around and taking pictures with the Crocodile Hunter's jeep! 
5.Watching a tiger show. Did you know that they can do tricks and climb trees and jump really high? Like REALLY high! And it was up to the top of the tree in about 3 seconds, it was unreal. Want to know a secret? I've ALWAYS wanted a tiger, ever since watching Aladdin when I was little and Princess Jasmine had Raja! So if they ever find a way to make mini domestic tigers I WANT one. :D and last but not least, 6. Trying on awesome Australian outback hats! I really really really wanted to buy it but it cost a lot of money... so I didn't. Maybe by the end of Australia I'll buy one. Kassidi asked me where I would wear it. My answer. Where would I NOT wear it?  I mean come on how awesome would this be. To school, to church, playing tennis, on a date.... it has endless possibilities. haha jk I was thinking more for camping. 

It's a forty five minute drive back. But it took us almost four hours. I'm not a fan of public transport. And by not a fan I mean I really really REALLY hate it ha. We got a little bit lost and ended up hiking through the city from the train station to get back to the river and catch the city cat. Which actually ended up being cool to ride at night because we got on the front of the boat and got to see the whole city lit up. The bridge was amazing and their was a ferris wheel that was neat to see too. I want to ride it before we leave. We met some other students from Denmark and there were a bunch of guys talking in a language we didn't understand but I'm pretty sure it saw Swedish? Anyway we DID make it home, then ate some dinner, did a Nike workout, and went to bed. We were dead tired. Today was good, we slept in, caught up on facebook, skyping, etc. did another Nike workout, and went into town to find jobs BECAUSE my Dad freaked me out on skype today. He said if we didn't find a job we'd have to come home. Which I knew. But I had been really confident about finding a job and wasn't worried if it took a few weeks, but after that I wasn't so confident so we got stressed and kicked it into high gear. Guess what? I start my job tomorrow. Waitressing at one of the nicest restaurants on the street for 18.50 an hour. Take that Dad ha don't tell me I can't get a job :p I want to get put on pajamas and maybe write a few postcards or a letter to a certain missionary who I miss ha. So goodnight to all (ahem what do we have, like 5? if you're reading you should follow us! We get really excited when we get a new follower. It's really easy to do. :) So ya goodnight to all our followers. I'll report about my first day as an Australian waitress tomorrow! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. That zoo looks like so much fun! I can't believe you got to hold all those animals. Wheee! Congrats on getting there and back too.

    ReplyDelete