Thursday, March 22, 2012

Twenty-firsts Spent Down Unda:)

It has been a long time since I have blogged due to problems with our internet and fixing it, along with doing some fun adventures and daily activities!

I think I speak for the both of us when I say that our twenty-first birthdays were incredible! On February 24th here, we woke up early and set off for the city! Since I am a super big birthday girl, I was SO excited that this special birthday would be two days! Two birthdays! :D Everyone helped me celebrate my birthday in Australia as well as my birthday in America! ...I would LOVE to tell everyone thank you for helping make my day..s special! <3

Anyways, so we set off into the city by the train to get started! We got our first glances at the Opera House, which is amazing! It is beautiful and so unique! We had to of course capture our first time being there! 


We also took some pictures in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Which was amazing because it was the first step of our adventure of the day: CLIMBING THE BRIDGE! :)

*Twenty&First*


-And we are SET-
We had to find the place we had to go, which was through The Rocks. The Rocks was the first place the settlers came! It has so many nifty old buildings, super vintage! It was soooooo pretty! I loved every part of it. 

We found it:) after wandering for a little bit and giving sunscreen to a fellow traveler from England!
After an hour of training and getting ready, we headed up the bridge! The first part of it was the only adrenaline rush, the rest was easy peasy! Truthfully, it was only a staircase...many, many steps! When we got to the top, we had an INCREDIBLE view of the harbour! Looking down was breathtaking. To the right was the Opera House, the left was more of Sydney, and below was the water...with a pirate ship sailing! All you could do was look around and take it in, no words can describe it! And unfortunately, cameras are not allowed so we don't have any personal pictures besides the pictures from the company!


Bad part of our trek? One of the boys in our group got sick on the top... It was very gross and it was also windy, all of us downwind... Yay for us! They ended up taking him back down, good thing he made it to the top first though! BUT, because of this--we got more time at the top! :D After this we headed back down.

 It was such an amazing TWENTY&FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!!! 

It wasn't over quite yet! We headed to Darling Harbour where we had reservations at a Angus Steakhouse. We were both craving steak, so we thought this would be perfect! Having reservations for my birthday, they gave me THE best table, overlooking the harbour. Our waitor was a hoot and constantly made us laugh! Our meal started out with an appetizer of... Kangaroo!!!  Honestly, I was a little scared, but so many people have told me how good it was, so I wanted to taste it for myself... and they were right, DELICIOUS! Sad? Maybe a little..but my taste buds were loving it! After kangaroo was our steak and yummy mashed potatoes! Along with yummy cocktails! Mine was dessert: cookies and cream! 


The ending of my birthday was spent at Elle's house for a sleepover so we could go to her uncle's bootcamp workout at 7 the next morning... Can you say exhausting?! It was definitely worth it though! And then I had another day of my birthday--my American birthday! 

Fun fact: My Aunt Taf's birthday has always been the day after mine, well since I was born! Go figure;) But not this year! My "second" birthDAY was her "first" birthDAY! We definitely got heaps of kicks and giggles from this! Too bad it isn't every year...Nah, I'll never stop celebrating my Australian birthday! :)
__________________________________________________________________________________

Allyson's Twenty-First: SAILING on the SYDNEY HARBOUR! 

We invited our roommate, Elle, and their friend along with us! We were a little sad at the first of the day because it was rainy, so we prayed that God would hold the rain for the night, as we were going sailing at sunset! 

When we got there, the weather couldn't be better! It was perfect! Here is a picture of our sailboat <3


It was an amazing experience! Our captain was definitely fun and even let us steer! We got to sail underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge and also in front of the Opera House! It was incredible to see both from the water! You get a different view each time. On the way back, we sailed slowly, taking in the atmosphere! We took pictures, listening to music, ate some yummy grapes, and laughed! It was a really good time!





And the birthday girl showing off her age!:)

After our sailing adventure, we went to the Outback for dinner. Some might ask why, like my Daddy, but we thought it would be funny to eat at the Outback...in the outback! So, HA! :) That is our justification! After our wonderful, American-like dinner, Allyson got to blow the candle off of her dessert that we all thought was delicious! 

---That concludes the birthday girls' Twenty&First!---




No comments:

Post a Comment